Why Lions? Because Eli loves them.
Elijah was diagnosed with Autism at the age of Two and a half years old.
This is a story of my life with my beautiful family.
I will share the happy times, the sad times, and everything in between.

2/8/11

Doctor, Doctor, Who's Got a Doctor?

Learning Resources Pretend & Play Doctor SetWell, since I last wrote which has been quite a while in Blogging life things have been quite crazy. Eli had that "awesome" day and then all of the sudden things seemed to go downhill. I went as far as trying to call any place that will admit him to make sure his medications weren't giving him a bad reaction. The thing with clinics and psychiatric hospitals are that there always seemed to be a reason for my son not being able to qualify. I kept hearing "We can't take him because of his Gtube, and we aren't set up for that, we don't have the right program for someone with Autism, and.... "It's sad, there really isn't anything like what you need around here and you would think there would be. It seems that this issue has fallen through the cracks."
The other issue is that it all comes down to money and funding.
It's been a very tough last three weeks.
That being said, The doctors appointment went well yesterday and we were able to get more resources. I think we might have a break through. They are adding a medication to help with Eli's focus, I will start his first dose tonight and it could take a week to see a real difference. What I realized is that yesterday was our "real" first appointment since we were sent up from the ER last time for a emergency visit. We have two psychiatrists there now that are working together so we are feeling a little more comfortable. Now that I am finally getting somewhere in that area..... On to the next thing on the list. Today I called for a study that I can't believe how much of a run around we get just to push to get one service/issue taken care of! But, It's all worth it for my Baby!!=)
GRRRR!

1 comment:

  1. That is so frustrating! I hope these new doctors work out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!