Why Lions? Because Eli loves them.
Elijah was diagnosed with Autism at the age of Two and a half years old.
This is a story of my life with my beautiful family.
I will share the happy times, the sad times, and everything in between.

1/18/11

New Beginnings

As you know poor Eli has been going through a tough time. Yesterday, his doctor wanted him to go into observation and to be able to make sure his medications are right. We went to a center last evening which they could not take him because of his gtube. Then through random phone calls we ended up at a great hospital we hadn't been to yet who did a follow up with Eli and got him in with a one of the best Psychiatrists in Kansas City that specializes in Autism. Both Michael and I really like her, and Eli seemed to also.
Further, we found out that some of the medications Eli has been may have not either been right for him, or recommended properly. We are very grateful to have someone that seems we will be able to trust and is very careful what she does. I know the next few weeks will be tough on all of us, Especially Eli with the changes... But  we hope he will start feeling better soon.
My mother in law is taking care of my two year old which is such a blessing and we are thankful to be close so we can still see him while Eli goes through a major adjustment this week. I can't wait to have more of my little boy back. It has been so tough, mostly to see how much suffering my little boy has gone through.
And yes, It has made me very angry at times and at a loss but the love and passion I have for my children, there is nothing I wouldn't do. Michael took off work last night to be there for us and went today so I know he is going to be so tired when he gets off of work. He really stepped up and I am so grateful for him being there even though I know he really couldn't afford to take a night off.
Isn't he just so cute!
Eli was in a great mood before going to bed and his little smile and giggles just make my heart melt. I tried to call to say good night to Car, but he had played so hard with his cousins that he passed out. Believe me, when I see him tomorrow he will get so many kisses and hugs he won't know what to do with!=)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you guys have to go through this, but I'm glad it has led you to a great doctor! I hope she'll be able to help Eli. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis for the kind words. I appreciate the support and prayers from my whole family!=)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!