Why Lions? Because Eli loves them.
Elijah was diagnosed with Autism at the age of Two and a half years old.
This is a story of my life with my beautiful family.
I will share the happy times, the sad times, and everything in between.

1/5/11

Off Winter Break!

I am so happy that my son is finally going back to school today and we can get back into schedule. It has been so hard for him being on winter break. I think unless you have a child on the autism spectrum, it's hard to understand how tough this adjustment can be. I look forward to his day today and hope he has a good one!
This morning I was able to call the children's hospital and left a message for them to get back with me. Eli has been on meds since he was two years old but no one ever told me that there was a child psychiatrist he could go to! Instead, a general doctor or developmental pediatrician has been handling them and well, it has been tough. For Eli, he needs someone who can watch him closely. We have been in the hospital many times because of off or bad reactions. I really don't want him on medication at all but he can't function without something. Anyway, look forward to seeing when I can get him in. This should make things much simpler. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can get him in soon! It should be a more exacting process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to.. but Children's Mercy tends to drag their feet so I refuse to hold my breathe! Anyway, just happy that it's one more "clue" to the puzzle that will help me! =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!