Why Lions? Because Eli loves them.
Elijah was diagnosed with Autism at the age of Two and a half years old.
This is a story of my life with my beautiful family.
I will share the happy times, the sad times, and everything in between.

1/3/11

Schools and Winter Break

So many children look forward to winter break. For Eli it is different. A child with Autism likes schedules and when things change, it makes it hard for them to adjust. I really think they should have a program for special needs children or at least an option for them to continue school. I understand the teachers need a break to but 2 1/2 weeks? That is a little excessive if you ask me. Especially when my child is only going for 3 hours Monday through Thursday. I think everyone has their opinions on this subject and I understand that people can't just coddle to my child. But, my holidays are long and hard with a child who feels off balance and doesn't understand why.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!